Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This will be the very first post for our daughter's Blog. This is really quite a monumental feeling, it makes her and this whole journey real . We were accepted last week by Childrens Hope International to adopt a baby girl from China. This is something we have been talking about for many months, but due to my age we had been waiting to get started. In that amount of time the wait for our daughter has more than doubled with no answer as to why in sight. As you can imagine my anxiety has already set in. What if China doesn't like us? What if our Social Worker doesn't like us? What if our daughter doesn't like us? What if China runs out of children. What if a small rabid dog gets a hold of our dossier right before we send it in and we have to start over????? Chris, of course, never waivering, has not let on that he may be a tad overwhelmed with the prospects of gathering paperwork for months that has to be notarized, certified and then authenticated (whatever that is), and then have a social worker come into our home and study it to make sure we are not unfit or insane and lastly wait for over a year to finally bring home our daughter. Seeing that he tends to be the the more rational of the two of us ...I've formulated a plan. I will keep busy... very busy. Our wonderful Social Worker told us during our first conversation to expect this gathering paper part to take 8 weeks. I can not let this happen, not because I don't have time, I've got lots of time. I am obsessed with getting this done. I will not sleep until I have done everything in my power to get everything done as quickly as possible so I can sit here and wait for my daughter. This will be equivalent to 2 1\2 pregnancies! I could go on and on about this but I will end on this note. I am more than halfway done with the gathering of paper that was suppose to take 8 weeks and it has only been 2 days. How on earth will I survive over a year of waiting. How on earth will the adoption agency still speak with me after over a year of waiting. Please God give me patience....and then my daughter. Meidyn, we're coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter