Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

4 Weeks and counting

We have been waiting for 4 weeks, hopefully no more than 20 more weeks to go. We are starting on our travel vaccinations this week and are getting excited that this might actually happen.

I am sitting watching American Idol's give back program and I can't help but think of all of the children who need help. I also can't help but think that one of those children will be mine. I called in and donated but it could never be enough. I tried to have our son watch it but he's 4 and the meaning is lost somewhere between the music and the commercials. I try to think of all the things we take for granted and I can't grasp the injustices. I can't put into words how much more I am aware of since beginning our adoption journey. I pray that I can pass this awareness on to my children.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Can you believe there were at least 2 referrals today?!We need to finish our vaccinations.Are you getting YF and Typhoid?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger atHisrighthand said...

My hubby and I got our first round of shots wed....... OUch! The tetnus one hurts like crazy. my arm still hurts..
We watched Idol gives back yesterday too. My tenderhearted 8 year old was crying... He thinks we need to adopt more than two! :)
Good luck with the shots...
Elise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter