Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Friday, August 18, 2006

I heard some parents learn Chinese...

It really seemed like a great idea! I mean, with the wait time increasing it sounds like we would definitely have the time to at least get down some basics. Finding the will power and time to do it seemed so daunting. I searched the internet, book stores and spoke to many adoptive or soon to be adoptive parents and everyone agrees that the more we learn and expose ourselves to our daughters culture the better it will be. I'm all for that and fully plan to incorporate my daughters culture in her upbringing. After all my researching I finally ran across a blog that seemed to help me with this decision. I wish I could find it again to give proper credit, but this soon to be mother......... was learning to use CHOPSTICKS! This is something I can do, and with enough time (12-18 months to be exact) I'm sure I can become great at it. I will wow the other traveling families while in China and I will teach this new skill to our daughter. As for the learning Chinese.....I opened a fortune cookie the other day and it had a chinese word written on it and then its meaning. I put it away to look at later and picked up my chopsticks to finish my dinner. I'm getting great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter