Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What a wonderful...tiring week!

It started out with a bang. Of course, you've read that we got our referral and I have engrave her little face in my brain. She is our tiny, little miracle half a world away and their is a sparkle in her eyes that lets us know she's going to fit right in. The hard part will be the next 4 months of waiting. I am making lists, and then more lists and also trying to save a little money. On top of all this exciting stuff, I got braces. WHAT WAS I THINKING!! OUCH!! I'm trying not to whine but these things hurt so it's making it difficult to concentrate on anything other than my mouth. Today I ate mashed potatoes which is a big step up. Tomorrow I will graduate to solids!! More later!!

8 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Braces...ouch. Had them for like 5 years as a kid/teenager and since I didn't wear my retainers, I need them again. I work for an orthodontist and he will put them on for free but I haven't done it yet because I'm scared! I don't like pain. Plus, I'm a Wuss. :)

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger LISA said...

Like Michelle, i didn't wear my retainers!At least braces have changed since my day of the torture chamber.It just hurts like heck afterwards for awhile, then everytime you get them tightened.
I bet your baby is so cute! How much does she weigh?

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I am sure you are still on that referral high, even with the pain of braces. Yes, i also had them for 5 years and didn't wear the retainers and like the first commenter, Michelle, I need them again.

Did you get the clear ones? At least now, they are less noticeable than the ones I got in 1980!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

new blog concept at http://switchitoffturnearthon.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger megan said...

My husband got braces a year ago, it took a good 2 weeks before he was eating normally. Hopefully it won't take you as long!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Zaza's Mama said...

Thanks for the encouragement Deanna. If it is any consolation Kane got braces about a month ago and he got them on the inside of his teeth. Poor guy has to revert to sign language at around 6 pm because his tongue still isn't used to it. I am hoping we travel with you, we just need that little referral!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just now getting back into checking out other blogs...and was sooooo excited to hear about your referral!!! Woo hoo!!!!! Congrats on your daughter. I'm so happy for you!!!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Just checkin' on ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter