Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I want her home NOW!

To outsiders I probably appear to be normal, maybe even a little laid back....trust me when I tell you... THAT IS NOT THE CASE! I have been EXTREMELY patient throughout this process. I have paid my dues and with very little complaining. I didn't even go balistic when we missed the cutoff court date by ONE day. So here's the truth...I have been looking at this picture of a tiny, beautiful 9 week old baby for almost 3 months!! She probably doesn't even look like this picture anymore!! I want her home! Something should be done so that people do not have to wake up everyday to a picture of their child and NOT be able to hold them for 4 months with no information. I am truly done with this whole process. If all goes well we will travel in 36 days DO NOT JUDGE ME! YOU WOULD COUNT DOWN TOO! This is entirely too long to go without some type of information about her. A picture..something. As I sit here I know, that like labor pains, this pain with fade as soon as I hold her but I can honestly say that I could not do this again. My personality does not mesh well with the cruelty of the wait. To those who do this more than once, I am awed by your commitment. Ok... Thats it for now.

9 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You have every right to feel this way. I think it is hard to wait for a child I have never seen, but I cannot imagine having a picture of her and the torture of seeing her sweet face knowing that my daughter is being cared for by someone else. It must be excruciating. I'm sorry. But 36 days! You are so close!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Steve and Aimee Walker said...

I was just thinking that I don't know if I could go through it a second time. The unknowns really stress me out. Try to hang in there!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Dale and Sheri said...

We are right there with you , we are waiting too. The pictures are all over the house, but we can't touch or hold our son. I too wish we at least had new pictures. Hang in there, we are almost there!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I cannot believe that they couldnt at least send updated pics as time goes on. This must be excrutiating for you!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger M and M Nichols said...

I feel your pain! We got our Vietnam referral the end of June...but it feels like a year ago and still no G&R date...so I too am doing the obsessed checking my email all day long thing...at least you have a little light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I cannot imagine how hard the wait is...I didn't know you weren't getting updated photos! You totally have the right to be frustrated, mad, fed up! It is really close now and how wonderful it will be!!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Clark (Clare's dad) said...

Well said. I have to chuckle reading this post; not laughing at you but with you. You explain just how I feel and just know that you are not abnormal and there are a lot of us that are learning how to deal with this wait. You are so close! I am excited for you. Please give our little boy a hug when you get over there because it will be a while before we can do it.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Steve and Aimee Walker said...

WooHoo!! Court date in 1 week. I hipe you hear the results quickly. I can't wait to see some pics.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Zaza's Mama said...

I know it is hard and I totally agree that it would be really nice to be getting updates. If it makes you feel any better our dossier went just 2 1/2 weeks after yours and 3 months after your referral we still don't even know who our little one is.

I would give anything to have a photo just so when people ask EVERY DAY "what is going on with the adoption?" I would at least have a pic to show them.

I hope your court date goes well and we can't wait to see her beautiful face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter