Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

She is 15 weeks old!

Time is passing quickly for us and we can't wait to travel to pick our baby girl up. We received some updated pictures today and she has grown so much in the last month. I can't believe it's the same baby. She seems to be thriving well and we were so excited to have received these surprise pictures. Everything else is calm and we are just waiting for word of our court date, hopefully sometime in November. We have asked a couple of families that will be traveling this month to look in our little girl and give us some feedback on how she is. It would be nice to hear of her temperament, and milestones. Hopefully we will get an idea of how big she is also, thats all for now.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger LISA said...

We'll be checking on her for you!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

It has to be hard to know how much she is growing and not having her. I cannot believe she is 15 weeks already. And, you cant even share her pics! Well, I know when you get her in your arms, this long wait will be a memory. Hang in there!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Zaza's Mama said...

Hey Deanna- I read your post on the yahoo group and I so feel your pain. Kane and I actually said to eac hother that we hoped you didn't realize how close you came to making the cutoff...apparently we give you no credit! I also said it would be harder to have missed by a weekend than to wait another month. Well, we have now been waiting 1 1/2 months since you received your referral and man do I ever stare at that phone! I just keep hoping we hear before Tsegay comes to the US. Also, I have been reading other blogs where people had October court dates last year and traveled in early November. I sure hope that is the case for you guys. Take care!!
Dawn

P.S. My parents have a beach house in Naples and we plan to go down in January (hopefully with our little one) and I am not sure if you are anywhere near there but we would be willing to meet up if it is not terribly far.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! Good to hear she is growing well :) Can't wait to see photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter