Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas and stuff!





























I can't explain how happy or exhausted I am. I think I forgot how much work babies are and having 2 children is WAY different than having one. Add jet lag, pink eye, Christmas and waking up every 3 hours and you have a barely functioning but completely satisfied mommy. I was in line at the grocery store yesterday and I overheard two women complaining about their children. Both were trying to out do the other with stories of how difficult their child was and how each age was worse than the last. I kept my mouth shut but thought of how truly blessed I was with my two children. I don't know if it was the Christmas spirit that brought on this revelation or that I somehow feel that I appreciate my children more because of the work it took to get them home. I can't explain it but I have the two most incredible children in the world and I would never say to someone to enjoy it now because in 6 months they will be torture. It can be trying, at times, and exhausting but isn't that what parenting is? We had a wonderful Christmas and we are all adjusting as best we can. I am so greatful and want to give hope to all fellow adopting parents that it will happen and be worth it!!







6 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Sam's mom said...

OMG, it's like night and day, the photos of Ayana. Unbelievable. She is such a happy girl, and is just glowing with love. WOW. Her hair is really filling in too. You and your husband must be beyond thrilled that your family is complete for the holidays!!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Your kiddos look sooo happy together! Glad to hear all is well!!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

such sweet smiles

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Steve and Aimee Walker said...

She looks so happy. What a sweet little girl!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger The Gold Family said...

I loved reading this post! It really hit home. I agree with you 100%! Parenting is a lot of work, worry, money, time, etc. and it is worth every single second, dime, sleepless night and wrinkle! It's a job but I think the pay, their love, is the most rewarding!
I am so happy for you guys! What an amazing Christmas day you all must have had. I cannot wait to meet her.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Mom to many said...

Oh my cuteness! So glad to see you back home and adjusting. Don't worry - I still feel that overwhelming feeling, but it is all worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter