Meidyn's Journey Home

This is the journey, from beginning to end, of how we got our daughter home. We have not met her, she may not even be born... but she's already found a way into our hearts.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Gilmore Girls...


Ok...I know this is strange but I love the Gilmore Girls. My husband makes fun of me and family will not come over after 9:00 for fear that I will be watching it. It's become a joke but I love it. I cried when it ended and bought almost all the Series on DVD. I have spent the last few months watching the WHOLE series again, with a goal to be done with the series by the time we traveled. Last night I watched the final episode and cried again when Lorelai and Luke got back together and kissed. ( I know, my goal seems small but it kept me busy). Unfortunately, I timed it so that I would finish based on our OLD travel date. Now that the court date is not for 2 more weeks and travel at least a month away what am I to do. I don't like watching movies-I find I invest too much of myself in movies. I'm afraid to do anything related to the adoption because I'll Jinx the next court date. I was in the middle of packing when we didn't make it through court so I just left everything in the middle of the nursery floor and will get back in there once we pass through court. I'm thinking of starting to watch HOUSE, as it doesn't really have a progressive plot and I won't get caught up in anything I can't finish. I only like to watch short tv shows that are light hearted and I can walk away and come back and not feel like I missed something. Ok...enough rambling for today. Please recommend tv shows you love!!

3 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Sam's mom said...

I know it is no consolation because your court date was supposed to be in October, but I look at the calendar and see that you have just 2 weeks until court and I KNOW you will pass this time because whatever snafuus have been taken care of and I'm so freakin' excited to be able to see pictures of her beautiful face and shining brown eyes in about 12 days. I know I have not been there, but I'm quite sure all this pain will melt away the minute she is safe in your arms. Hugs to you Deanna!!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go rent the 1st - 3rd seasons of Lost - totally worth it! I'm not much of a continuous plot watcher, but this one is pretty good.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I hope you guys make it through court tomorrow!! I'll be looking for good news.

I, too, am a Gilmore Girls fan. I LOVE it. My favorite show of all time. I watch almost an episode every day. My husband bought me all but the last season for Christmas. I don't even watch the DVD's. I record it everyday at 10am and then watch them. It makes me happy :) My husband always laughs at me about it. I wish they would make a movie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Click here to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
Click to join FL_familieswithethiopianchildren
a href="http://easyhitcounters.com/stats.php?site=meidyn" target="_top">
Website Counter